A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We may use the following types of cookie:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences.
- They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed.
- Advertisement. These are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
You can find more information about the specific cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|Name||Type||Domain||Description||Expiry By Type|
|YSC||Advertisement||.youtube.com||Set by Youtube and used to track the views of embedded videos on Youtube pages.||Session|
|Advertisement||.youtube.com||Set by YouTube to measure bandwidth to determine whether the user gets the new or old player interface.||5 months 27 days|
|_gid||Analytics||.vincent-gurney.com||Installed by Google Analytics, this stores information on how visitors use a website, while also creating a report of the website’s performance. Some of the data that are collected include the number of visitors, their source, and the pages they visit anonymously.||1 day|
|Analytics||.vincent-gurney.com||Set by Google to distinguish users.||1 minute|
|Analytics||.vincent-gurney.com||Installed by Google Analytics.||2 years|
|_ga||Analytics||.vincent-gurney.com||Calculates visitor, session and campaign data and also keeps track of site usage for the site’s analytics report. Stores information anonymously and assigns a randomly generated number to recognise unique visitors.||2 years|
|CONSENT||Analytics||.youtube.com||Set by YouTube via embedded youtube-videos and registers anonymous statistical data.||2 years|
HOW TO CONTROL OR DELETE COOKIES
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. In order to do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” facility).
Disabling a cookie or category of cookie does not delete the cookie from your browser; you will need to do this yourself from within your browser. If you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
GOOGLE ANALYTICS OPT OUT
If you wish to opt out of Google Analytics so that we cannot your data within Google Analytics, you may do so by installing an add-in from https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. This add-in is designed to be compatible with Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Microsoft Edge. As it is provided by a Google, which is a third party, we offer no warranty, whether express or implied, as to the add-in’s suitability or efficacy. All intellectual property rights in this document are reserved.